Every village in Uganda constitute a Branch.
A branch performs the following functions:
1. Generate consensus on key political, economic and social policies of NRM within the branch;
2. Mobilise the people to ensure full participation in implementation of political, economic and social policies of NRM within the branch
3. Promote unity and solidarity among the people in the branch;
4. Initiate and encourage democratic participation in evolution of policies to be considered by the Parish Conference.
5. Be responsible to the Parish Conference for guidance and policy matters
6. Create cells for purposes of mobilisation and recruitment of members
7. Keep a permanent register of its members